This is important information and is not from me. This was downloaded from the internet until a time when it was right to work with persimmons and plant a tree. BUT, its important to share with you the reader and let you decide for yourself. Since this blog is LOVEVOLVE we have a message to the original author to send your information over so the proper citation can be used. We thank you in advance for your kindness in sharing. We love you for your hard work writing and researching this information.
Persimmons induce weight loss because:
- They are one of the richest sources of easily digested fiber that helps clear waste and toxins from the digestive system
- The pectin in persimmons helps regulate blood sugar levels and is of particular value to those who suffer from fatigue and cravings due to dieting
- They are a source of pure hydration that is very cleansing for the body because they contain 80% water, which helps replenish your body’s fluids and flush out fat and toxins
- The polyphenols and antioxidants in persimmons help prevent age-related metabolic problems like insulin resistance, organ inflammation, and Type 2 diabetes
- The high amounts of potassium and B vitamins help your tissues stay alkaline and assist your body with recovery after a workout.
- Persimmons have absolutely no fat, which makes them an ideal weight loss food
- They are a source of complex carbohydrates, at 70 calories per 100 grams, which makes it a low carb food that is ideal for fueling a busy lifestyle or heavy workout schedule (you can also think of this as being 32 calories per fruit)
- Persimmons are very high in Vitamin A at 81 IU per 100 grams, helping to prevent fatty liver disease and the resulting weight gain and obesity I
- Persimmons are very high in Vitamin C and 7.5 mg per 100 grams, which prevents all inflammatory conditions and helps fight the yeast and parasites that swell your waistline and make you look bloated.
- It contains a broad spectrum of al of the B vitamins (including B1, B3, B6, and folate), which are responsible for keeping all of the metabolic functions in the body in good working order
- Persimmons are rich in phytochemicals that help maintain cellular health over the long term, thus helping to prevent weight gain due to aging issues.
- They are a rich source of all of the B vitamins, including B1, B3, B6 and folate which helps diminish brain, improve gut functions and optimizes your metabolism so that carbohydrates are turned into fuel instead of stored as fat
- They contain high amounts of iron and magnesium, which keeps your liver, blood and muscle tissue healthy while you are on a low-calorie diet
- Persimmons are very high in the mineral copper, which assists with the regulation of hormones and the proper functioning of the thyroid
- Persimmons very filling, which helps for treats between meals
- Persimmons treat inflamed intestines and reduce histamine reactions to food and bloating due to gas
- Persimmons contain superoxide dismutase, which helps the body stay young by preventing damage to old cells and producing new cells
- For breakfast every day for a full week consume a whole Hachiya persimmon, with either a half a cup of plain Greek yogurt, two inches by a one-inch square block of hard low-fat cheddar cheese or a ½ cup of low-fat cottage cheese
- For lunch, every day for ten days eats a salad along with another whole persimmon
- The salad can be made of any vegetables and fruit that you choose, but make sure that the calorie count of the total amount of ingredients in the salad does not add up to be more than 400 calories. Low-calorie raw ingredients such as cucumbers, tomatoes, and any type of lettuce, spinach, and kale are a good source of nutrients and complex carbohydrates. You can also add persimmon to fruit salads that have mango, pineapple, bananas, tangerines, and strawberries. Dress your salad with vinegar only. Good choices are apple cider vinegar, red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar or rice wine vinegar. Persimmons also go very well with many spices, including weight-loss ones such as chili or ginger.
- For dinner eat four ounces of one of the proteins here with two generous servings roasted or raw low carb vegetables
- Good choices are steak, lamb, turkey, oysters, scallop, shrimp and white fish such as tuna. Make sure that any meat you eat is grass-fed as organic. Be sure to include asparagus, mushrooms, rapini, kale, spinach, turnips, sweet potato and pumpkins in your meals as they are very complex carbohydrates that take a long time to digest. Note that you are not allowed refined starches of any kind on this diet including bread, pasta, potatoes or rice. However, you can have fermented products such as kombucha, sauerkraut or pickles.
- If you must have a snack, you are allowed to sliced cucumber slices or celery sticks with salt and pepper
- You can dip these vegetables in an oil-free salsa, such as pico de gallo, which is a spicy blend of chopped hot peppers, cilantro, tomatoes, and onion seasoned with vinegar.
- Be sure to exercise for at least an hour every day and avoid physically taxing activities
- Allowed activities include strolling, walking, casual biking or a gentle swim.
Substituting a meal for a smoothie that contains the fruit of one persimmon can help you lose weight. This diet is quite nutritious and you can stay on it for about three weeks.
The main idea behind this diet is that you will lose the weight if you replace two meals a day with a persimmon smoothie that is 200 calories or less. This is a daily day plan that you can repeat until you have lost all of the weight that you need to without suffering from the muscle wasting, saggy skin and mood swings that are normally associated with low-calorie weight-loss diets.
In order for this diet to work, you must stick to the instructions below strictly and not eat any snacks, sugar, potatoes, rice, bread or pasta or any junk foods.
To drink you may have tea, herbal tea or coffee and you can use stevia as a sweetener.
This diet works because persimmon is creamy, sweet and filling and also because it is a bit of a natural appetite suppressant that can hold you over until the next meal.
Persimmon Smoothie Recipes Under 200 Calories
Here are the seven recipes for Persimmon smoothies that are less than 200 calories that you can use to replace two meals a day. You can drink a favorite smoothie again and again or use them in any order that you like. They are listed from lowest in calories to highest. You can use either type of persimmon in your recipes, but there are recommendations as to which type, either Hachiya or Fuyu, might work better in a particular recipe. The calorie estimates below are based on a 10-ounce serving.
- Make a Mango Persimmon smoothie at 85 calories per serving
- In a blender, whirl together the flesh of three mangos, two persimmons, one frozen banana, one cup of coconut water and half of a cup of ice. Blend until smooth and drink. The mango is very rich in Vitamin A and C and helps prevent metabolic disorders and weight gain due to fatty liver disease. The coconut water is filling, yet hydrating.
- Make a Persimmon, Pineapple and Matcha Green Tea smoothie at 90 calories
- Whirl together one whole persimmon, preferably chunks of Fuyu, a cup of ice, a cup of frozen pineapple, two tablespoons of Matcha Green Tea powder and a splash of spring water in a blender. Blend until frosty and drink. Matcha tea contains antioxidants for cell repair and acids that trigger your body to burn fat. The pineapple juice is a digestive and anti-inflammatory that can help your abdomen look flatter.
- Make a Persimmon, Apple and Cinnamon smoothie at 130 calories
- Add the flesh of one persimmon to one cup of ice, a half a cup of spring water, one whole apple cut in half with the peel on, a ¼ cup of almond milk or organic 1% milk or low-fat yogurt, a tablespoon of vanilla. Add a half of a teaspoon of cinnamon and whirl everything together until it is smooth in texture and drinkable. Apples are a good source of protein, fiber and contain a broad spectrum of vitamins and minerals that are good support healthy weight loss. The almond milk or yogurt supplies protein to keep you going through the day and the cinnamon stimulates your circulation and helps you burn off fat.
- Make a Persimmon, Tangerine, Turmeric and Ginger Smoothie at 135 calories
- Add a cup of ice to a blender. Add the fruit of one whole persimmon (preferably the harder Fuyu variety), the segments two tangerines, two tablespoons of grated ginger, a skim teaspoon of powdered turmeric, a whole frozen banana, a half a cup of organic skim milk, coconut milk or almond milk and blend well. Taste and if it needs sweetening add a teaspoon of raw organic honey. This delicious drink is an anti-inflammatory cocktail that helps the lower metabolic resistance. It also stimulates your circulation, which aids with detoxification a weight loss.
- Make a Persimmon, Vanilla Cashew and Cinnamon smoothie at 140 calories per serving
- In a blender, whirl together one whole persimmon, a tablespoon of honey, a cup of vanilla cashew milk, a cup of ice and a teaspoon of cinnamon. Blend until very smooth and drink. The cashew milk is a good source of protein and essential fatty acids, which helps prevent cravings and binge eating while dieting and the honey provides a stable source of energy. If you are diabetic, you can substitute a tablespoon of Stevia for the honey. The cinnamon is a natural fat burner that helps stimulate your circulation.
- Make a Persimmon Spinach and Apple smoothie at 150 calories per serving
- Blend together one cup of fresh spinach, one persimmon (preferably peeled Fuyu), ½ cup of chopped apple, 1 cup almond milk or 1% organic cow’s milk, a teaspoon of cinnamon and a handful of cubes. Blend everything together until smooth and drink. Spinach is a source of folate and iron which supports the health of your liver, hair and cell repair. Both the apple and the nut milk are a good source of protein that can help tide you over until the next meal and the cinnamon is a known fat-burning spice that helps kick start your metabolism.
- Make a Persimmon, Date and Banana smoothie at 170 calories per serving
- In a blender, whirl together a cup of unsweetened almond milk, 1 frozen banana, a tablespoon of chia seeds, 3 Medjool dates and two tablespoons of coconut oil. Blend until smooth and drink. This smoothie is very rich in fiber and also very rich in protein and fiber, all elements of a successful weight loss meal substitute.”
Thank you. Sincerely LOVEVOLVE